Helpful
Replies

Internet timeout every now and then

sushil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My setup is something like this.

Cisco 1841 router--->asa 5510 sec bun---->Cisco 3560 L3 switch(running with some 15 different vlans),whcih is later on attached with some small 8 port switches to to increase the strength of the node/s.

My problem is that my internet timeouts intermittently.It only comes up only if I restart the router.The connectivity between interfaces connecting router and ASA(outside with router) dies.Not able to ping at that time,hence in turn the serial ip on the router also not able to work.Internal lan able to ping with each other.Even I tried changing the router with the other one but no results.Where could be issue?Kindly guide/help.

Reg,

Sushil

4 Replies 4

Tshi M
Level 5
Level 5

Do you have any logs from the router(s)? what is the CPU or memory usage at that time?

patrickvanham
Level 1
Level 1

If you tried with another router and that exhibits the same issue logs and interface on the ASA might be relevant as well

Do let me know should my connectivity between router and my isp.i.e Which one is the better serial connectivity on router or ethernet.Presently I have ethernet connectivity from my ISP.Will converting that on serial will help or not?

Should I run netflow on router?What is the tool to monitor logs of ASA.

Reg,

Sushil

I have used both Ethernet and Serial port on my edge router without any issue. I like Ethernet handoff because I don't need to purchase WIC module.

In regards to ASA log, you can use ASDM or Kiwi Syslog.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card