I am configuring an MPE system to be a reservationless voice system only. This means there will be none of the following:-
1. No scheduled meetings
2. No web access to the user pages
3. No video
4. No recording or playback of conferences
5. No phone view
In the meeting configuration screen of MPE admin I am going to use the following values:-
1. Audio floater ports = 0. When set to zero callers into meetings without reservations can use any unused regular ports (according to help file).
2. Audio overbook ports = 0. I am not using scheduled meetings so this parameter in not required.
3. Maximum ports per meeting for reservationless meetings = 120. This is the system default I believe.
4. Default number of ports per meeting = 2. This setting is for scheduled conferences only.
I have 200 audio licensed ports and with this configuration I believe that I can have upto 120 participants in a single conference. I can also have any number of reservationless conferences so long as the total ports in use do not exceed 200.
Am I correct in my assumptions - remembering that this system is reservationless voice conferences only.
Secondly I do not follow the Cisco calculation for 100% reservationless configuration where in my case I would set floater to 200 and overbook to 200 if I followed the formula in the table.