cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPE - Reservationless voice only system

csg-admin
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring an MPE system to be a reservationless voice system only. This means there will be none of the following:-

1. No scheduled meetings

2. No web access to the user pages

3. No video

4. No recording or playback of conferences

5. No phone view

In the meeting configuration screen of MPE admin I am going to use the following values:-

1. Audio floater ports = 0. When set to zero callers into meetings without reservations can use any unused regular ports (according to help file).

2. Audio overbook ports = 0. I am not using scheduled meetings so this parameter in not required.

3. Maximum ports per meeting for reservationless meetings = 120. This is the system default I believe.

4. Default number of ports per meeting = 2. This setting is for scheduled conferences only.

I have 200 audio licensed ports and with this configuration I believe that I can have upto 120 participants in a single conference. I can also have any number of reservationless conferences so long as the total ports in use do not exceed 200.

Am I correct in my assumptions - remembering that this system is reservationless voice conferences only.

Secondly I do not follow the Cisco calculation for 100% reservationless configuration where in my case I would set floater to 200 and overbook to 200 if I followed the formula in the table.

TIA

5 Replies 5

csg-admin
Level 1
Level 1

Any thoughts anyone - MPE questions don't seem to be readily answered in this forum.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I concur with what you have listed in the meeting configuration parameters.

Not a lot of people are familiar with MPE, thus the low response rate. I'll try and pay attention to this thread for the next day or two if you have additional questions.

One other setting that you may want to know about for reservationless meetings (since it's not well documented):

The "Skip pre-meeting option" parameter within the group and user profiles enables/disables the ability for the initiator to set a meeting password. If this is set to Yes, the meeting will not have a password even if you set "Password required" to Yes.

Thanks for your response.

I do find that MPE2.x is not as polished as some of Cisco's other products. Hopefully, this will improve when the next major version is released.

The "rich media" product lines (MeetingPlace, MeetingPlace Express, and WebEx) are going through a lot of changes. Details are NDA but don't be surprised if things change in 2010 when UC8 is released.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: