Views
Helpful
Replies

License Spam & Virus Blocker

lus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

How is the license handled on the Spam & Virus Blocker? Our customer has approx. 120 Lotus Notes Mailboxes. But he only use 30 Mailboxes for external Mailing, the other Mailboxes are only used for calendar and internal mailing.

Can I take a Box for 50 users or will this not work? How will the Spam & Virus Blocker handle the license?

Thanks and regards

Luke

5 Replies 5

jhogue
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Luke,

For licensing purposes, we count actual people as users and not mailboxes. In other words, if you have 120 mailboxes but only 50 users, the 50 user license is fine.

Hope that helps,

Jonathan

luklambe
Level 1
Level 1

Ho Hum.

hhansen
Level 1
Level 1

what if you buy the 100 user version, but you grow beyond that, to let's say 120 users.

is there a licence upgrade - where you add 50 users, or do you have to go all the way to 250 users (incl the box)

Hello,

If you buy the 100 user version and then grow to 120, you should purchase a 250 user subscription renewal at renewal time.

Regards,

Jonathan

So, if I buy a 100 user version for 3-years, grow after one year to 120-users, I need to either

1) wait 18-months to buy the renewal with 250 users, or

2) purchase the 250-user version imidiately

If #2, could I then use Ciscos TMP (tech migration program) to at get som discount on the purchase?

Regards, Hans-Petter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: