cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What are these ASA "Editions"?

slug420
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking into purchasing some ASAs and found that they are trying to sell them as "editions". IE "Content Security Edition" "IPS Edition" "SSL/IPsec Edition" "Business Edition".

Where can I find detailed info on the differences (preferably all in one document) between these editions? I found a web page for each and printed off the "brochure" that each offered but it talks in general high level useless sales terms about what each package is.

I am looking for specific benefits and drawbacks of each package.

Also do I have to buy one of these editions or can I just buy an ASA with the options I want?

4 Replies 4

cdusio
Level 4
Level 4

You can buy them as just firewalls and then add in the features you want. The bundles are just to make life easier.

-C

Also,

some of the "editions" are indicative of the SSM modules that go into the ASA. Each ASA can only take 1 SSM module so an IPS edition and a content filtering edition are mutually exclusive.

thats what i figured...but how can i find out what the breakdown is of what stuff is in what edition? Or is it just the VPN edition is a firewall and the VPN ssm and thats it??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card