cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Default Background Images

steve.slater
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if you can change the Default background image that all phones pull when a new phone gets added the the system? I am using CM version 6.1.2

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the actual image in the phone, not in the CUCM server.

we do not provide any way to change the background when adding a new phone

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

keanej
Level 3
Level 3

First things first - Can you change the background ??

You need to upload the XML File to TFTP root.

Then upload two (image and thumb) files to the TFTP area. The hardest part is the images have to match exactly the pixels and colours.

Have you done this ? Which model phone are you attempting to customize ?

I have the Images up on the TFTP server. I was wondering if there was a way to have the phones pull the new images and make it the default image that shows up once the phone is registered. With out having to select it on each phone manually.

I have the same issue. We have a custom image up running. However, we have 100 phones already installed that we need to be able to change the default image for. It would also be extremely helpful as mentioned here that once a new phone registers that it pulls the assigned default image. Is there anyway to do this?

answer is the same: no way to do this

HTH

java

HTH

java

OK, then what is the process to request this option/feature is added?

get in touch with your AM and see if you can submit a PER, if you can he'll tell you the process

HTH

java

HTH

java

Curious.  I haven't tried this out but I would think that there may be a remote possibility you could accomplish this using an XML application that leverages the internal URI button press functionality in the Cisco IP phone.  Though it would probably be tricky dealing with the timing and making sure that the key presses are in the correct order.

Probably not worth the effort.  But saying it isn't "possible" may not be accurate.  Again I haven't tried this specific application but I have been able to press buttons remotely on the phone using XML.

Just a thought.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Actually, I came across this thread.  Apparently there is an undocumented method on Cisco Phones to set the background image without imitating key presses.

Follow this link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/ipps/forums/-/message_boards/message/1737982

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

does this new feature actually work? if so pointers will be helpfull. I have been working on the 7.x platform for 2 months now - so I am kinda green.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: