Detailed Device Report Output

Answered Question
Feb 9th, 2009
User Badges:

What would cause "Interface Description" to be populated with: FastEthernet0/0 User configured description: fa0/0 1 bg-nb-r1 NORTEL FE).1, in the "Processor Port Interfaces" section of the Detailed Device Report and the very next interface fa0/1, not show any results when an interface description has been defined, shows only FastEthernet0/1?

Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 8 years 4 months ago

RME 4.1.1 is part of LMS 3.0.1. RME 4.2 (where the fix exists) is part of LMS 3.1.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Joe Clarke Mon, 02/09/2009 - 10:44
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

This sounds like my bug, CSCsm31447.

Symptom:

The Interface Description for certain interfaces may have the wrong user-configured value, or no user-configured value at all. This can be seen in the inventory reports in Resource Manager Essentials which show interface details (e.g. the Detailed Device Report).

Conditions:

This will occur for devices which have ports that have descriptions that end in a number. If the number at the very end of the description is not the same as ifIndex, then the RME reports will not accurately reflect that description.

Workaround:

There is no workaround.

Joe Clarke Tue, 02/10/2009 - 09:11
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

It is fixed in RME 4.2 now. I have also written a patch for RME 4.1.1.

sirbaughmf Tue, 02/10/2009 - 10:28
User Badges:

On this system, I am currently on rme version 4.0.6...is there a migration path to get to 4.1.1? Or is that a LMS 3.0 version?

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Tue, 02/10/2009 - 10:37
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

RME 4.1.1 is part of LMS 3.0.1. RME 4.2 (where the fix exists) is part of LMS 3.1.

Actions

This Discussion