cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Detailed Device Report Output

sirbaughmf
Level 1
Level 1

What would cause "Interface Description" to be populated with: FastEthernet0/0 User configured description: fa0/0 1 bg-nb-r1 NORTEL FE).1, in the "Processor Port Interfaces" section of the Detailed Device Report and the very next interface fa0/1, not show any results when an interface description has been defined, shows only FastEthernet0/1?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RME 4.1.1 is part of LMS 3.0.1. RME 4.2 (where the fix exists) is part of LMS 3.1.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like my bug, CSCsm31447.

Symptom:

The Interface Description for certain interfaces may have the wrong user-configured value, or no user-configured value at all. This can be seen in the inventory reports in Resource Manager Essentials which show interface details (e.g. the Detailed Device Report).

Conditions:

This will occur for devices which have ports that have descriptions that end in a number. If the number at the very end of the description is not the same as ifIndex, then the RME reports will not accurately reflect that description.

Workaround:

There is no workaround.

Will this be fixed in the next release?

It is fixed in RME 4.2 now. I have also written a patch for RME 4.1.1.

On this system, I am currently on rme version 4.0.6...is there a migration path to get to 4.1.1? Or is that a LMS 3.0 version?

RME 4.1.1 is part of LMS 3.0.1. RME 4.2 (where the fix exists) is part of LMS 3.1.