Helpful
Replies

SRST

Hi There ...

Now I'm starting IP Phones (7911G) configuration in CM4.2(3)... I already did:

- Region

- Device Pool

- Partition for devices

Now.... for Route Patterns, should I create this in the CM4 or in the SRST router ? I think that all the Route Patterns should be created in SRST, is it right ?

Other thing.. I notice that SRST delays 1 minute (some times more) in registering locally the IP Phones. Is it possible to configure the SRST to register the phones faster ? in 10 seconds ?

Thanks.

Andrei.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

assuming you want phones to call PSTN when registered with CUCM of course you need route patterns. but you also need dial-peers for SRST routing

CUCM = route patterns

SRST/H323 = dial-peers

do not mix terms, they do the same but the config and capabilities are not

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Ok, sorry if those are dummy questions but this is my first SRST config.

So, I'll create a route pattern in CM4.. but the "Gateway or RouteList Configuration" should I configure the IP of SRST router ? Then I'll have to create that router in System>SRST config AND in the Device>Gateway config as H323 gateway?

Thanks.

Andrei.

ok

let's go step by step.

all the SRST config you do on CUCM is the SRST reference, which is the IP you configured in the actual SRST router for signaling. that's it. configure the rest of CUCM as usual.

the SRST router is most usually the same GW you use for calls, if you're using H323 then all the necessary routing for outbound calls should be already in place

so if that's the case use the same ip twice, once as SRST reference, then as the H323 GW IP.

if different SRST router than the actual GW you would use in no-SRST mode then use the IP for each

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Andrei,

This is a really good doc for SRST:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00807f8b31.shtml

I think this is what you're looking for.

-nick