Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP registration

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've configures MGCP on CUCM 7.0. in GW it shows MGCP is registered but in CUCM it shows unregister. I've not plugged T1 port yet, is that due to unplug T1 port?

thanks

Alex

4 Replies 4

Hi Alex,

You're probably looking at 'show ccm' which shows that the gateway is communicating with CUCM.

When you look at the endpoint, there is a separate registration. You will probably see the endpoint as unregistered in CUCM, and if you a 'show mgcp endpoints' you'll see that it doesn't show up there either.

Basically:

'show ccm' only says that the gateway is communicating with the CUCM.

The endpoints may not necessarily be registered yet.

hth,

nick

Hi,

if i do "show mgcp endpoint" it shows 23 channels. show ccm-manager shows gateway is register to CUCM. but in CUCM, registration is unknow. when I do "show ip int brief" all 23 channels are in down state because T1 is not connected to anything. is unregistration in CUCM because of T1 is not connected to anything?

thanks

Alex

sh ccm only proves communication is fine at ports 2427 and 2428, not the actual registration of the GW with CUCM

since MGCP backhauls info to CCM until the T1 is up it won't register in CCM

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Alex,

A little change in what I said earlier:

You can use 'show mgcp endpoint db' to see what endpoints are up and and ready. You'll see that the endpoints are 'Not Ready' and are not trying to register.

This would cause the gateway to not send any registration messages for those ports, and for them to show up as unregistered on CUCM.

hth,

nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: