cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN termination errors

eriklozano
Level 1
Level 1

Hopefully someone can help with a termination issue I'm having with a PIX-515e firewall; software version 6.3.4, pdm version 3.0.2.

We're getting constant vpn termination errors (reason 412 and 413) from a group of users at one location. I am by no means a pix guru, but I've verified that nat-t is configured. I can't figure out how to determine if there is a group policy set. I'd be happy to post or email the current config if that will help - it's about 150 lines long.

9 Replies 9

Ivan Martinon
Level 7
Level 7

Go ahead and post it, we need to see if you are missing some lines there

Config is attached. Let me know if I need to post it inline. Thanks.

Well it all looks good on your config, can you turn on the following debugs?

debug crypto isakmp

debug crypto ipsec

Using the CLI, I entered the two commands you listed. But, I'm not sure what to do next.

You need to get a vpn client to try to connect to your pix to generate debug logs

Now that the debug logs have been enabled for several weeks, where do I find the log files?

If you did not set any syslog servers, you need to get the output of the show log, however this log is a circular buffer most likely some events have been overwritten.

And how exactly do I get the output of the show log?

on CLI you type "show log"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card