cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller id swap the name on the extension

dcoulanges
Level 1
Level 1

I got setup that customers call at a branch offices from different city and after 6:00 pm it is being forward to the head office.

It is possible that when customer forward to the head office, the caller Id is not the customer calling but the Branch office1 for example with IPBX call manager express ?

The reason i am asking that question is when the agent answer at the head office, he will know where the calls comming from.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, it's possible.

The correct behavoir for all types of call transfers would be to show both name/numbers, of course indicating which is the forwarding one

The phones are perfectly capable to do that, I've verified this while doing certain test with TCL/ICR.

Unfortunately, CME is broken in that regard, I don't know the reason, but it's like cisco not paying attention to this fundamental characteristic.

If you want to bring your case to someone that can try do something about, try contacting Tony Huynh <tonhuynh@cisco.com>, he is a Technical Marketing Engineer for CME.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, it's possible.

The correct behavoir for all types of call transfers would be to show both name/numbers, of course indicating which is the forwarding one

The phones are perfectly capable to do that, I've verified this while doing certain test with TCL/ICR.

Unfortunately, CME is broken in that regard, I don't know the reason, but it's like cisco not paying attention to this fundamental characteristic.

If you want to bring your case to someone that can try do something about, try contacting Tony Huynh <tonhuynh@cisco.com>, he is a Technical Marketing Engineer for CME.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: