CCSP Prerequisites

Answered Question
Feb 9th, 2009

I Completed my CCNA [640-802] & now Want to start for CCSP. But I came to know that CCNA Security OR CCNA+SND* are the prerequisties for attempting the CCSP.

So , should I give either CCNA Security OR SND first & then go for CCSP ?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by rob.huffman about 7 years 11 months ago

Hi Kesava,

Yes, you do require the CCNA Certification as the "first" step :)

CCNA Security Prerequisites

**Valid CCNA

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le1/learning_certification_type_home.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
bjacob1976 Mon, 02/09/2009 - 16:56

Hi Kesriniv,

CCNA Security is the prerequisite for CCSP.

On the other hand you should have given

642-552-SND before 11/17/08 for using the prerequisite as CCNA+SND.

For those who have completed SND before 11/17/08 can use this prerequisite till November 17, 2011.

Hope this helps

Beno

kesriniv Mon, 02/09/2009 - 19:44

Thanks Beno,

Again for the CCNA Security it seems to be that CCNA is a prerequisite. SO ., now the Primary path to do CCSP is CCNA->CCNASecurity->CCSP.Rt? One can not do directly CCNASecurity->CCSP... Rt?

Thanks in advance,

-VKS

peterlmyers Tue, 02/10/2009 - 06:09

Hi,

For whatever reason a CCIP is also acceptable in place of the CCNA Security, you can see this if you log in and look up your Certification Progress for CCSP. I haven't seen this option listed elsewhere.

Cheers

m.renshaw Thu, 05/28/2009 - 07:56

Sorry to hijack this post, I have been looking at the Prerequisites for CCSP. I have a valid CCNP and I'm not sure if I can just start to do the CCSP exams or if I need to do the IINS exam first. If any can shed any light on this I would be very grateful.

Regards,

turnera Thu, 06/11/2009 - 08:15

There is no obligation to have completed CCNA-Security prior to attacking the CCSP track.

If you desire to, you can go ahead and do the CCSP track. However, if you wish to have credit for the CCSP certification then yes, CCNA-Security will need to be sucessfully attained.

Training companies have CCNA-Security as a prereq but there is no compelling reason to have this cert for sitting the CCSP classes and taking the CCSP tests.

Actions

This Discussion