cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator Install

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

What would cause this to appear on the IP Communicator phone on the PC.

Registration Rejected: Error DBConfig

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

close out of the CIPC and reopen it. It should register at this point.

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

usually you get than when you configured the phone as something else that's not an IPC ie 7970

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I added a new device and selected IP Communicator and set up the device like I usually. I also right clicked and went to preferences and the network tab to check on the TFTP settings and they are correct also. What else do I need to do?

Did you confirm you are using the correct MAC address?

You need to make sure the IP Communicator is set to use the correct Network Adapter. This is the MAC that will be used to authenicate/register to Call Manager. If they do not match, you will get registration rejected.

I have confirmed the MAC address that is registered with Call Manager is the same as the PC.

Have you tried removing the phone and dn out of CM and adding it back?

Have you tried upgrading or downgrading the version of CIPC you have?

I have deleted the device from Call Manager and added it back. Still does not work.

I used CIPC version 2.1.3

What version of Call Manager are you using? Make sure you are following these instructions..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps5475/products_tech_note09186a008026d36f.shtml#temp1

We have Call Manager 6.1.1 and are trying to install CIPC 2.1.3

So in your CM configuration you have the following for device name.

SEP + MAC of NIC that is configured in CM... SEP is required in the device name for the version of CM you are running.

I am sending a screen shot of the device in call manager. Yes the SEP, MAC and NIC are configured in CM.

Looking at the screen shot the device name is incorrect.

it needs to be SEP002198449D83 for the device name. The screen print was kind of small, but you get the just.

Thank You for pointing this out I made the change. How come when you register a physical phone and just put in the MAC it automatically adds the SEP when you jump to the description ?

Phone requires the MAC in the device name however with CM 5.X and above for CIPC you need to place the SEP in the device name. The description field is just what it states. Only used for reference.

if all is good, please rate the post.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: