cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Serial Number - Where can I find it?

serotonin888
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

We are running WCS 4.2 on linux. I need to find the serial number of the software so I can raise a TAC case. Does anyone know how to find the serial number? I cant see it via the GUI.

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Help -> About

I'm afraid on my system it only gives the following

Version

Type

Number of licensed AP's

But it does not give me the serial number of the software..

Hi Serotonin,

have you finally found the serial number of your WCS?

I've the same problem with a Windows version.

Thank you

There is no serial number as Cisco does not provide you with the server. You have a part number WCS-STANDARD-K9 for example and a license.

I have the same issue.

I have license violation but my AP count including not connected does not add up to the violation count.

In the end I raised a TAC and used the "call cisco" option. They had to run through the Smartnet contracts and then created a ticket. So no serial number for the prioduct. You just have to speak to Cisco to riase a TAC case.

HTH

That is what I mentioned earlier as I am in TAC :-)

No serial number for WCS, it's a software, with a software license, there is no hardware involved for serial number.

Please mark this resolved if it's the case.

For anyone that searches for this same answer - you would go Help/About and grab your Host Name information (since there is no serial number) and plug this into the Serial Number field when opening an SR with Cisco.

No need to call TAC.

-Robert

All:

It is corect that WCS has no Serial Number but for refernce to open a TAC case you generally need the PAK  (Product Auth Key) which is sent when the product is purchased. Other then that the Hostname is next best.

You are correct. The license and pak files can be accessed in the WCS license area.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card