Nicholas Matthews Mon, 02/09/2009 - 15:22


This is an easy one.

WIC = Wan Interface Card = it only does data. WIC-1T for example.

VIC = Voice Interface Card = it only does voice. VIC-2FXS for example.

VWIC = Voice Wan Interface Card = it does both voice and data. VWIC-1MFT-T1 for example.

NM-HDV is a card that allows for voice cards to be plugged into it. This card has on-board DSPs that the voice cards can use. This is an older card that was used before DSPs were put directly on the backplane with the TI 5510 DSPs.



titomontos Mon, 02/09/2009 - 15:31

Thanks nick,

i want to ask which card i will use when my gateways connected over WAN ?


This Discussion