User login via profile

Unanswered Question
Feb 9th, 2009

I have a Cisco 1240AG light weight AP, and with a ciscoworks wireless lan solution engine express. And i want to setup it become a hotspot. i can see the wireless SSID and get the ip address, but i still can not browse any page until i login. For example, when the first time i connect the wireless and type the google website, it will redirect to the login page, until the profile has been authenticate. can anyone help me, did i need to buy anything else to make it done? what is the requirement?

did i need a Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS) version 4.2 install at server side? or the current WLC provide this function.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Leo Laohoo Mon, 02/09/2009 - 19:10

Create a LobbyAdministrator account.

Management -> Local Management User -> New

Fill in the blanks and when you reach User Access Mode, choose "LobbyAdministrator".

Log out and HTML back but use the LobbyAdministrator account.

From here, you can create/delete users for your hotspots. The user account you'll create is a "time bomb" with a maximum life of 30 days. If you want to create a permanent account follow my intial instructions but choose "ReadWrite" instead of LobbyAdministrator.

Does this help?

sohchingloong83 Mon, 02/09/2009 - 19:44

thank for the reply, but i can not see the Management -> Local Management User -> New tab under WLSE GUI? did i need to setup? wat is the hardware and software requirement to do this?

Leo Laohoo Mon, 02/09/2009 - 21:54

"or the current WLC provide this function." I thought you have a WLC.

The GUI is for the WLC.

sohchingloong83 Mon, 02/09/2009 - 22:23

thank for the information, what are the minimum type of WLC suitable for make this work? can you suggest a model for me, i just want to apply this for around 10 cisco aironet 1240AG. Is that only this 2 devices need?

Leo Laohoo Wed, 02/11/2009 - 15:31

For only 10 AP's, you can choose between the 2100 series or the 440X series.

Personally, I'd go for the 4402-25 because you have more features and functions compared to the 2100.

If you have a router (2800/3800), a NM-WLC is also available.

I'm not familiar with the WCS capabilities.

sohchingloong83 Tue, 02/10/2009 - 19:03

hi leo,

i heard from the technical support from cisco, they say can install the wcs appliance to current WLSE? is that can solve my issue?

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network