Views
Helpful
Replies

add 91 for incoming call

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am using CUCM. in order to add 91 prefix for incoming call from PSTN in H.323, we add translation rule and profile in gateway under voice port configuration. If I use MGCP and apply translation rule and profile under voice port configuration in gateway, does it add 91 prefix for incoming call from PSTN?

or I have to add 91 prefix for incoming call from PSTN in CUCM configuration rather than gateway?

any suggestion would be very appreciated.

Alex

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

In MGCP you do it in CUCM. We have a service Parameter or you either configure a Translation pattern and modify calling number (Prefix)

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alex,

Just to add a note to the great ideas from Gonz, there is a good "step by step" guide here;

Add Prefix to the Missed Call Number

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi,

thanks for your info. But I saw "prefix DN" under digital PRI port configuration page, if I add 91 in prefix DN, is it going to add 91 for all incoming call for that port? I'm using CUCM 7.0.

Thanks

Alex

That is correct. All numbers will be prefixed with 91 when they arrive in CM. You will have to do route patterns for local calling to strip the 91 off and send as a local call when returning the calls..

thanks for your reply, actually our service provider sends 10 digits no matter it is long distance or local. so always 91 is applicable

thanks

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: