Views
Helpful
Replies

how to enable the management port in Cat4k Sup 4

ney25
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

anyone know how to enable the management port in Sup 4 ? for example in Cat6 we just type in the 5/1 - media type rj45.

how about this cat4 sup 4 ?

any idea ?

thanks.

regards,

jack

6 Replies 6

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

U can enable this port in rommon only.

Thanks

Mahmood

Hi bro,

thanks for your information.

but, i got some info from cisco web.

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/46sg/configuration/guide/sw_int.html#wp1110833

Configuring the Ethernet Management Port

To specify the Ethernet management port in the CLI, enter fastethernet1.

To disable the port, use the shutdown interface configuration command. To enable the port, use the no shutdown interface configuration command.

To find out the link status to the PC, you can monitor the LED for the Ethernet management port. The LED is green (on) when the link is active, and the LED is off when the link is down. The LED is amber when there is a POST failure.

To display the link status, use the show interfaces fastethernet 1 privileged EXEC command.

isn't it the way ?

btw, are you from ibm ?

if yes, mind to give me your email coz, i am from ibm as well :P

regards,

jack

Hi

The management port u r refering is it on the SUP or one of line cards..please confrim.

As the management port on the sup will not will operational under normal operation of the switch it will be available in rommon mode only.

Thanks

Mahmood

Hi ,

yes, i am talking about the port in the SUP engine.

any idea how to use this port ?

Hi ,

i have tried all the way, still unable to use that MGT 10/100 port.

here attached with the photo, indicated in RED color that's the port i want to use.

any idea NetPro.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card