LMS 3.0 Proxy Server

Unanswered Question
Feb 10th, 2009

Hello!

I have a problem with configuration Proxy Server in Common Services -> Server - > Security -> Proxy Server Setup. When I try to connect to Internet, I see the error message. In attach printscreens. How to solve this problem?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Tue, 02/10/2009 - 09:05

You need to enter your proxy server credentials as well. If you don't use proxy credentials, it could be that your Cisco.com credentials are incorrect. A sniffer trace of all traffic between the LMS server and your proxy server would definitely indicate exactly which problem you are seeing.

Vinogradov_R Thu, 02/19/2009 - 07:07

ОK, in attach a sniffer trace between LMS and proxy server. I have retyped my Cisco.com credentials, changed the proxy server, but problem is not solved.

Attachment: 
Joe Clarke Thu, 02/19/2009 - 14:42

I don't see any problem with the credentials, or with LMS. It could be some compatibility issue with your proxy, as there is something about this request that Cisco.com does not like. I tested this request myself, and it worked just fine.

Is there anyway you can add a bypass rule to your proxy for the LMS server to rule that out?

Vinogradov_R Tue, 02/24/2009 - 01:31

Hello!

On my proxy server options by default are used, no rules are configured. Probably it is required to use a certain proxy?

I use WinGate, version 1.3.17.

Joe Clarke Tue, 02/24/2009 - 10:11

We don't certify any specific proxies. The only requirement we have is that they are not NTLM proxies (i.e. they support Basic authentication). I haven't seen this particular problem before, but since I cannot reproduce using your same request packet, I must assume there is something wrong on the proxy side.

Actions

This Discussion