Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 Proxy Server

Vinogradov_R
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have a problem with configuration Proxy Server in Common Services -> Server - > Security -> Proxy Server Setup. When I try to connect to Internet, I see the error message. In attach printscreens. How to solve this problem?

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to enter your proxy server credentials as well. If you don't use proxy credentials, it could be that your Cisco.com credentials are incorrect. A sniffer trace of all traffic between the LMS server and your proxy server would definitely indicate exactly which problem you are seeing.

ОK, in attach a sniffer trace between LMS and proxy server. I have retyped my Cisco.com credentials, changed the proxy server, but problem is not solved.

I don't see any problem with the credentials, or with LMS. It could be some compatibility issue with your proxy, as there is something about this request that Cisco.com does not like. I tested this request myself, and it worked just fine.

Is there anyway you can add a bypass rule to your proxy for the LMS server to rule that out?

Hello!

On my proxy server options by default are used, no rules are configured. Probably it is required to use a certain proxy?

I use WinGate, version 1.3.17.

We don't certify any specific proxies. The only requirement we have is that they are not NTLM proxies (i.e. they support Basic authentication). I haven't seen this particular problem before, but since I cannot reproduce using your same request packet, I must assume there is something wrong on the proxy side.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: