Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleted all Files in Flash.

Hi,

I did something really stupid. I deleted all the files in flash and now when the switch boot up, it cannot find the IOS to load and gives the "switch :" prompt. I was trying to boot it into ROMMON mode and copying the ios which I have downloaded over the console cable

Any ideas on the best way to get the IOS back on this switch quick smart.

Thanks a million

Anthony.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

peterlmyers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Anthony,

If you are sure you have copied a new IOS over to the flash it's possible there's an old "boot system" command left in the config that is telling the switch to boot the old image file - presumably non-existant now.

If this is the case you should be able to do the following from switch: mode -

flash_init

load_helper

dir flash:

boot flash:FILE_NAME

If this boots be sure to modify the "boot system" line in the config.

Otherwise you will need to copy a new IOS over, in which case there's a guide for the 3750 at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

Hope this helps

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

peterlmyers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Anthony,

If you are sure you have copied a new IOS over to the flash it's possible there's an old "boot system" command left in the config that is telling the switch to boot the old image file - presumably non-existant now.

If this is the case you should be able to do the following from switch: mode -

flash_init

load_helper

dir flash:

boot flash:FILE_NAME

If this boots be sure to modify the "boot system" line in the config.

Otherwise you will need to copy a new IOS over, in which case there's a guide for the 3750 at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

Hope this helps

Cheers

Hi Peter,

I haven't even got that far yet. I am looking for advise on how to copy the ios image from my pc to the switch (which has no ios in flash) via the console cable.

Thanks

Anthony.

Hi Anthony

He has answered your question, if you read the link it will explain how to use xmodem to copy the IOS over.

Thanks Peter, that worked like a dream.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card