Remote users

Unanswered Question
Feb 10th, 2009
User Badges:

We currently have a standard script that gives a caller some options then selects a resource group first the caller tries to get through to an agent or queues them.

I need to prepare for the event if no agents can get into the office. So far we have CAD installed on remote laptops and people VPN in and use IPC as the phone. The only issue with this is most people have a poor adsl line so voice is effected. Is there a way we can have calls come into the queue then if emergency mode is enabled it will try a pre set list of numbers i.e mobiles or home phones etc. but if they are not answered they come back into the queue. I presume if we did some thing like this we could not sue CAD to manage ready not ready etc. interested to hear how other people do this

thanks

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
david.macias Tue, 02/10/2009 - 03:39
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Not possible, once the call goes off to the PSTN the call is gone. I recommend you send it to a voicemail box or you just don't queue the call at all, if you have no agents play a message telling the caller to call back later or to leave a message.

david

Jonathan Schulenberg Tue, 02/10/2009 - 07:25
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

You can transfer the call to an external number (use an XML file to keep a list of numbers to dial); however, as soon as one of the remote destinations answers, it will transfer the call. This includes if the remote number has voice mail that answers. It would only try another number if it got a busy signal back. CAD will not be involved in this at all as the Select Resource step was not used. There is no queuing.

There are two supported ways of going about this:

1) Invest in an appropriate teleworker solution with 88x routers at the home that can enforce QoS, and a proper head-end device that can terminate the tunnels. Congestion most commonly occures at the on/off-ramp to the Internet, not while crossing the net.

I typically include hard phones in this design. Soft phones are subject to resource availability on the PC (I.E. if the CPU is busy, it can't process voice). The agent can use CAD normally. Calls will queue.

2) Use an add-on product such as Radianta's Remote or Survivable Agent product. These use CUAE to bridge a normal POTS call to the agent and perform MTP to a CTI Port where a normal directory number can be registered. The agent uses that CTI Port DN as their "extension" in CAD. The Radianta product then outdials to the agent's PSTN phone to trick UCCX into thinking the agent is using an on-net extension. The agent can use CAD normally. Calls will queue.

http://www.radianta.com/products/

Actions

This Discussion