cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to copy a config file to new 3560series switches???

kaamil.abrahams
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm in the process of swapping out switches. I'm removing a 2950 series & replacing it with a 3560 series.I have saved the startup-configuration of the 2950series to a TFTP server(My PC). I want to copy this configuration file to the 3560series. I'm connected to the new 3560series switch via the console port. How do I copy this configuration file from my PC(TFTP server) to the new 3560series switch via the console port?

6 Replies 6

I don't believe you can over the console port. If someone knows a way I'd love to hear it.

I would just copy and paste the config.

Can you not use xmodem to copy the file

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

This link explains copying an IOS but just choose you config file instead

Tshi M
Level 5
Level 5

A quicker and maybe an easy way would be to assign a temp IP to the switch and assign your TFTP server an IP address in the same subnet and then copy that config file using tftp rather x-modem because it takes a longer time.

Regards,

Thanks guys. I'm gonna assign a temp IP to the switch & try a TFTP server copy back onto this switch.

I'll keep you guys posted on the status.

Thanks!!!

another question. Is it a good idea to use the same startup-config file of the 2950series for the new 3560series?

Good luck. Please rate any helpful posting as it helps the forum as well.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card