cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to copy a config file to new 3560series switches???

kaamil.abrahams
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm in the process of swapping out switches. I'm removing a 2950 series & replacing it with a 3560 series.I have saved the startup-configuration of the 2950series to a TFTP server(My PC). I want to copy this configuration file to the 3560series. I'm connected to the new 3560series switch via the console port. How do I copy this configuration file from my PC(TFTP server) to the new 3560series switch via the console port?

6 Replies 6

I don't believe you can over the console port. If someone knows a way I'd love to hear it.

I would just copy and paste the config.

Can you not use xmodem to copy the file

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

This link explains copying an IOS but just choose you config file instead

Tshi M
Level 5
Level 5

A quicker and maybe an easy way would be to assign a temp IP to the switch and assign your TFTP server an IP address in the same subnet and then copy that config file using tftp rather x-modem because it takes a longer time.

Regards,

Thanks guys. I'm gonna assign a temp IP to the switch & try a TFTP server copy back onto this switch.

I'll keep you guys posted on the status.

Thanks!!!

another question. Is it a good idea to use the same startup-config file of the 2950series for the new 3560series?

Good luck. Please rate any helpful posting as it helps the forum as well.

Regards,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card