cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence staus on Corporate Directory

youssef.shaaban
Level 1
Level 1

I have CUCM7 and CUPS7 and already integrated with LDAP on Unity7 i can login to the CUPC but i cant see any presence status from CUPC or even from Corporate Directory.

and on the CUPC help the presence status is disconnecting (pending retry)

allow subscription Ok

SIP Publish Trunk Ok

SIP Trunk Ok

CtiGw ok

i appreciate if any one can help me with this.

8 Replies 8

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Presence on Corporate Directory is totally different. It's called "BLF on call list". It has nothing to do with CUPS and CUPC.

For the CUPC issue, please configure digest credential on CUCM > User Management > End User.

For more instructions, see:

http://www.lulu.com/content/5552336

And:

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Michael

For Presence on Corporate Directory i already enabled the BLF on call List and retarded the IP Phones and its now working.

For the CUPC issue i checked the digest credential on the End user and its configured.

Thanks,

Youssef

Open a case between 12:45 and 3:30 CST. ask for Michael Luo :)

Michael

Check what you have configured for the SIP Trunk on CUCM. For example, on the Trunk, if you have destination of of the DNS name of the CUPS server cups.example.com, make sure the CUCM Pub AND Sub can resolve this. Or, just put the IP address in.

Also make sure the the Port is correct. On CUPS 7.x, its 5060 and CUPS 6.x its 5070.

My on/off status was not working because of this issue above. I figured out some knucklehead did not configure the DNS nor the domain name on the Pub/Sub. Changed to IP address and on/off status works. (basically BLF.

I also used this for testing, which works good:

Have the CUPC open and working. Open your IP Communicator and configure a BLF line for another CUPC client that is configured.

In your CUPC Client, added the contact to your buddy list that is the BLF on your IPC.

This way, when the person goes on/off hook, you can compare. If the BLF turns on/off on the IP Communicator, and not on the CUPC client, you know it's something with the SIP Trunk between CUCM and CUPS.

i'm not using DNS i'm using the IP address and Port 5060 for CUPS7, also i have configured BLF and its working ok i can see the status from the BLF and from the Corporate Directory but when i login with CUPC in the CUPC Help i cant connect to the Presence and also my status is offline and cant see any status.

I did the BLF on IPC test and its work for IPC ant for CUPC, i check the SIP Trunk configuration and its ok what could be the wrong in SIP Trunk.

i dont know if i can open a case as this is a lab deployment i was planning to use it as Demo for customers to help us clarifying the new features in CUCM7 and CUPS7.

youssef.shaaban
Level 1
Level 1

after changing the digest credential to be the same as my LDAP password i can see the presence led green in the CUPC help and my status is available

what i got from the Blog is that i could configure the digest credential to be any value which didn't work when i tried it.

But i still cant see the status of my contacts in the buddy list.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: