Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot access Web/SA or Web/SM

BlackAvenger
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Gents,

I have installed Unity 7 in a 2008 active directory environment. Unity Is working fine as far as I can tell. If I press the Voicemail button on the phones I can hear the greeting message from Unity. But I now want to configure voicemail boxes for each user. And for this I need to access Unity SA and SM frontends. Unfortunately I can't access both sides.

I'm not very sure which account I have to use. Is it the Installation Account or one of the Service accounts? If I try the Installation account I get an error saying "You are not authorized to view this page" (the installation account is the account I'm using to log on to the windows machine).

I appreciate any hints or links to documentations, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian Jeuk

NOTE: If I try to login to the SA or SM page the login box includes the hostname. Hence I try to login as unity.ad.fyp.ac.uk/UnityAdmin, whereas unity is the servername for the Unity server. If I try UnityAdmin@ad.fyp.ac.uk I get the error message "The page cannot be found".

12 Replies 12

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sebastian,

You can use the GrantUnityAccess tool to grant WebSA access to grant your AD user account access, or any other account, such as UnityInstall:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag020e.html#wp1048117

Hope that helps,

Brad

Hey Brad,

thanks for your answer. If I run this command I get an error "Failed getting subscriber's object ID from database". Any ideas what this could mean??

Thanks,

Sebastian

What's the exact syntax you're using? Make sure there are no spaces in the user name.

Brad

Hey Brad,

I now figured out that the -s option needs an already existing subscriber. If I try this with the EAdmin it works, even though I still can't connect to the frontend the AD user. Not sure if I have to change something in the AD or somewhere else to make this work.

I'm also using a Demo License for Unity ... do you know if this is working with the demo license at all? What limitations do I have with a demo license? Can I create new subscribers?

Thanks,

Seb

This doesn't have to do with the demo license. Demo license allows 10 subscriber accounts to exist in Unity.

GrantUnityAccess associates an AD account (ie UnityInstall) to either the EAdmin account or the Installer account. These two accounts have access to WebSA. If you've performed the steps appropriately, the delegated account will have access to login to WebSA.

example:

grantunityaccess -u COMPANY.COM\UnityInstall -s EAdmin

This grants UnityInstall (or any user's AD account that you enter here) the ability to administer Unity.

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding your problem, or what you mean by "frontend AD"

Brad

Hey Brad,

I exactly used this command as follows:

grantunityaccess -u ad.fyp.ac.uk/unity-fyp -s EAdmin

If I try to login to Web/SM with unity-fyp I get "The page cannot be displayed".

Frontend is for me the administration site SM and SA.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Hey Brad,

think i found the problem. Unity is using the computer name (unity) in the URL. This doesn't work. If I change this to the FQHN it is working. But I guess that Unity is configured for all other sites to use the computer name and not the FQHN which results in a "The page cannot be found" message if the login succeeds.

Do you have any advice what I have to do here??

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

Hey,

I still have the issue described above. Does anyone have some advice what I could try?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Seb

Is DNS running on the Unity server or is Unity pointing to a DNS server? Have you tried creating a host file on the Unity server mapping the host name to the IP address and see if that works?

Brad

Hey Brad,

that was my next idea. The Unity Server is pointing to a DNS Server. But the interesting thing is that the web site is working for unity.ad.fyp.ac.uk but not for the IP address nor for the hostname (unity) ...

But Ill try a host file anyway and see if this is changing anything.

Thanks,

Seb

Seb

how did you fix this - I have the same issue and mine is not name resolution related?

Brad is correct. If you can't get there with the name of the server, you have a clear dns issue. Add a hosts file entry and an lmhosts file entry and you should be golden. Just use the examples in each file to add your own for your unity server on each file. They are located in C:\Windows(or winnt)\system32\drivers\etc. Make sure you open them with a text editor and then save them without an extension ie) take the .txt off so it's an unidentified file type.

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: