Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM or CME or CUCMBE - Which way to go? Please help

Hi,

We need to make a decision about the IPT solution for our branch office in India.

The main office in UK has CCM Cluster.

Both the offices are connected via MPLS.

Number of users in branch office : 300 (can grow to 500)

Branch office should be able to communicate with the main office via IP network.

We would prefer redundancy for our call control application.

We are also planning to have voicemail for all users.

As usual, the business wants a low cost solution.

we have the follwing doubts.

1. Given our requirements which is the best solution, CM or CME or CUCMBE?

2. Does CME or CUCMBE support clustering and offer redundancy like CCMs?

3. Incase if we are going CM route, will we face any restrictions when we use 7816 MCS servers?

Please help us make the correct choice.

Many Thanks,

Bala.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bala,

i don't think clustering is available in CME and the max phones supported are 250 using a 3845 router...

when you have one callmanager with 300-500 users, and it fails you may not be able to have SRST for that many users and so your phone service may be down for maybe a day or longer..

having both CM and Unity on the same box is also a risk, when it crashes, it may take longer to recover 2 applications than 1.

if it is business critical, you probably need 2 7825s for CMs and maybe 1 server for Unity depending on the number of ports and users you need...or you may want to have redundant unity servers.

:JoeL

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCMBE is a one box solution, no clustering

if you look redundancy you need CUCM, 7816 can only support up to 300 users. if you plan to go to 500 you need a 7825

Table 8-3 Maximum Number of Devices per Server Platform

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/callpros.html#wp1059559

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

Thanks a lot for the helpful reply. :-)

I guess CME also does not support clustering. Am I right?

Also, how reliable is it to deploy a single server solution for a business critical application like IP phones?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Cheers,

Bala.

bala,

i don't think clustering is available in CME and the max phones supported are 250 using a 3845 router...

when you have one callmanager with 300-500 users, and it fails you may not be able to have SRST for that many users and so your phone service may be down for maybe a day or longer..

having both CM and Unity on the same box is also a risk, when it crashes, it may take longer to recover 2 applications than 1.

if it is business critical, you probably need 2 7825s for CMs and maybe 1 server for Unity depending on the number of ports and users you need...or you may want to have redundant unity servers.

:JoeL

Hi Matt,

Thanks a lot for clearing my doubts.

Yes, as you pointed out, we will be going the CCM route with 2 servers.

Many Thanks,

Bala.

Hi Joel,

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply.

I guess we will be going the CCM route with redundancy.

Cheers,

Bala.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: