Views
Helpful
Replies

CUVC 3545 EMPs and Ports

spvaidya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've CUVC3545 chassis which has 1 MCU + 2 EMPs. This is integrated with Meetingplace 6.0.I guess this (CUVC) should support 48 Video ports.

Issue I'm facing is, When I try to schedule a meeting with 40 or more ports it gives error" not enough video resources are available". No other meetings is scheduled at this time (i.e. all video ports are free).

However, I can book 38 or less ports per meeting.

How many max. ports should be able to be booked with my config ?

Pl. Note:- I am booking using Meeting place web scheduler and has got relevant access and port limits.

TIA,

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

For your consideration, there are a couple of areas on the MCU configuration that may "reduce" your total video port capacity:

- Ports allocated to SCCP - Indicates the number of ports currently available for SCCP use. When you boot up, the Cisco Unified Videoconferencing 3545 MCU reports EMP resources associated with SCCP conferences to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager. These resources are reserved and subtracted from the remaining MCU resources available to H.323 conferences.

- High Definition Continuous Presence is enabled (checked). When you enable High Definition Continuous Presence (HDCP) on the Cisco Unified

Videoconferencing 3545 MCU, each EMP registered to the MCU automatically reserves 8 ports for HDCP from its available total of 24 ports.

Here is a link to the manual - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/cuvc/5_6/mcu/3545/configuration/guide/3545mcuv56cg.pdf')">http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/cuvc/5_6/mcu/3545/configuration/guide/3545mcuv56cg.pdf

We use MeetingPlace Express, which has a Max bit rate value that if set to high can reduce the number of available video ports. But I don't know if this applies to MeetingPlace.

Ginger

Hi,

Many thanks for those tips, both are useful.

In my setup, I've disabled SCCP Protocol and hence no ports must be reserved for skinny.

Regarding HD Continuous Presence, the services i am using has the option enabled (checked) and so the ports must be reserved for EMPs.

However, I have 2 EMPs (24ports X 2EMPs) that means out of 48 ports 12 should be reserved by the EMPs and I should get max 36 Ports. But I can still book meeting with 38 ports. Am not sure why. Are the 6 ports for complete 3545 chassis or per EMP?

Will try to find from the url given by you.

Any guesses are welcome!!

Regards

Vicky,