cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Music on hold

cg100668
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, We have a customer who has got 2 E1 lines to the PSTN on 2 different gateways. They are 1 number for each E1, 1st nunmber for one service and the 2nd number for the second service. The customer wants calls coming from each of the line to have different music on hold. Thus if a call coming on the 1st line and it is put on hold, it gets a music on hold. If another call coming through the 2nd E1 line, and if it is put on hold, it should get the second music on hold. Anyone has ever come accross such a request?

I tried the following, but it is not working. I have created 2 device pools, one with the 1st music on hold and the 2nd device pool with the 2nd music on hold. I then assign the device pools to each of the trunks. I removed all music on hold from the phone configuration. Is there I am missing something somewhere?

Regards,

Chandrasen

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need to define at any of the 4 levels which MOH stream to play, device pools only grant access to a MOH server but the device that presses hold defines which stream to hear

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi Java,

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean I have to allocate the music on hold at the device level? Could you please let me know about the 4 levels.

According to you, how can I achieve the customer requirements.

Thanks

Chandrasen

you can find them here:

Q. Why do users hear a beep sound (Tone on Hold) instead of Music on Hold?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item09186a0080094766.shtml#q16

HTH

java

HTH

java

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

External callers use MOH resources used by receiving gateway's device pool / MRGL. On newer CCM versions you can configure the MOH user/network source under Device--> Device Settings--> Common device configuration and assign this to the GW. So try assigning different Common device configs one with each MOH and then assign each common device config to the corresponding GW.

HTH

Regards,

Teresa.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I forgot to mention that the CCM is version 4.1. My apologies. In version 4.1 I can't see Common device confgiuration.Any ideas?

Regards,

Chandrasen

It is the user who puts the caller on hold which controls what Music is heard. The common device profile is another level from user, device pool, gateway etc- Common Device allows you to have a single DP for all users but have unique MOH, Softkeys etc based upon the common profile otherwise to have this gradular set up you would need to have multiple DP`s- Common Profiles in 4.2, 4.3 but not 5.x as this is based upon 4.0.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. How do you think I can achieve the customer requirements, that is having different music on hold for different E1 lines. So when calls on one E1 is put on hold, the caller gets 1 music on hold and if calls on a second E1 is put on hold, the caller gets another music on hold.

Thanks.

Chandrasen

How do the two calls get presented at the handsets?. Have you allocated two DN`s/DDI`s on the handset if so allocate the two differnt MOH to the two separate DN`s- Make a call the two DN`s - internally or externally and palce then on hold

Hi,

In fact all calls come to the receptionist and she transfers the calls to end users. Not all users have got DIDs. Any extension user has got a single DN. If there was a second DN then it would have been easier. Any other ideas?

Regards,

Chandrasen

Just to get this correct, you have no DID`s but two E1`s so you have what called AUX working lines in that 30 channels per bearer with a common number i.e 2126102000 and 2126103000 per bearer. Does the receptionist answer different differently based upon the number dialled - 6102000"Hello welcome to Widgets", 6103000 " Welcome to BathroomsRUS"- Do the two bearers terminate on different DN`s on their phone

Is the question that the receptionist needs to place callers on hold and hence the different MOH depending on the caller - Widgets caller or BathroomsRUS or do the individual user who the call is transferred to need to different music ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: