cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST, how to route the incomming calls when the wan is down

giovanni.cock
Level 1
Level 1

hi, all the incomming calls from pstn, are routed to the wan, to a specific number in the ivr/ipcc, it works fine, but when the wan is down, the communication between the remote router and the cucm is broken, and the incommings calls do not work. so i want to know, if there are any parameter on the srst configuration, to tell to the router, that route the incomming calls to the local operator when srst is active, for example route the calls to the local operator.

normal condition PSTN -> ROUTER WITH SRST -> WAN-> CUCM -> IPCC/IVR

wan failure PSTN -> ROUTER WITH SRST -> LOCAL OPERATOR (i want this only in srst)

The idea is the change will be automated. any advice ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I typically configure alias command under srst to route these calls to a hunt group of phones.

Other suggestion is to implement CME as SRST and configure B-ACD to allow for backup ACD in case the site is in SRST mode.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi Giovanni,

You will want to take a look at this configuration guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00807f8b31.shtml

If you're using an MGCP controlled PRI you want the 'ccm fallback' command so that you can use the local dial peers when CUCM is not available.

You will need to make sure your dial peers are configured on the router, and then you should be able to route calls when CUCM is not available.

hth,

nick

I typically configure alias command under srst to route these calls to a hunt group of phones.

Other suggestion is to implement CME as SRST and configure B-ACD to allow for backup ACD in case the site is in SRST mode.

HTH,

Chris

hi Cris, thanks a lot, the alias is that i was looking for....amaizing help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: