VPN client using CLI on windows 2003 server

Unanswered Question
Feb 10th, 2009
User Badges:

Hello, first time poster here. Have an interesting issue I'm hoping to find help with.

I'm using the VPN client (I have version 4.8.01.0300) in CLI mode (called from a script) to connect to a remote site. Got the connection setup and all working fine except for one small detail. Hopefully I can explain this well...

I want this connection to run fully unattended as it will run numerous times per day, every day. The issue is the little pop-up message saying "VPN has disconnected".

When I first setup the connection, it was on windows XP and everything was golden. I could issue the command : vpnclient connect <name> user <userid> pwd <passwd> sd, <other stuff>, vpnclient disconnect and all worked as expected.

Then I installed same stuff on Windows 2003 server. Issuing same connect command gives error: "user authentication failed". Then I discovered that if I first launched the vpn client GUI then the CLI command, it would connect without error - but then the "disconnected" pop-up window came along.

So - can I either:

- Run vpn client in CLI mode without the GUI running.

- Suppress the pop-up.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion