Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls from corporate directory fail

trubin.igor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, experts.

There are CCM 6.1.2.1002-1 + phones integrated with a lot of users' accounts from AD. I cannot dial user's phone number from corporate directory ( Error message: the call cannot be completed ....) using 7911 registered as sccp device. But the problem is resolved if I use the same phone as a sip device. Phone number in AD is presented in the following way y (yyy) yyy-yyyy xxxx (where xxxx- is an extention, and the rest is discarded). I cannot change that presentation. I hope that there is soluton of this problem with the help of sccp. Please, advice me something.

With respect,

Igor

2 Replies 2

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

I know that if you are using Presence, you can pick additional number that are defined in AD to use to place calls to from CUPC. For us to accomplish this we mapped the UPC User field BusinessOtherPhone to LDAP User field home phone.

However it sounds like that may not be an option for you in this scenario.

The only other option would be to setup directory dialing rules that would look for y (yyy) yyy-yyyy xxxx and delete all of the y (yyy) yyy-yyyy from the number. The only issue is that is it will also affected missed/received calls as well, I believe.

HTH,

Doug

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would upgrade the firmware on the 7911 phone. I have had issues with 79xx phones not working correctly when dialing directory numbers. If the number was 555-1212, it would not dial it. if the number was 5551212 it would dial it. Problem was the dash. I updated the firmware, and then it worked with the dash.

Directory Dialing Rules only apply to AC setups, not corporate directory. The only way to manipulate corporate directory numbers is to use Translation Rules. Application Dialing Rules is used for CUPC and MOC integrations or SOAP ( i think) from other applications.

I suspect firmware is your issue. Does it work another model phone?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: