Level 1

We installed the 600 UM upgrading license on UM Unity server 4.1(1),

Before upgrading the unity licensing, the license file like this:

LicSubscribersMax=150

LicUMSubscribersMax=150

After upgrading the 600 UM unity subscribers license, the information:

LicSubscribersMax=150

LicUMSubscribersMax=750

For my understanding, “LicSubscribersMax” count is how many subscribers (UM or VM) that can be on the box, “LicUMSubscribersMax” is how many of those can be UM, so the first number will be the same or larger than the second one. Please correct me if I am wrong. Can someone please help to confirm if our license will be working for 750 subscribers? Or we need re-issue the license for this upgrading?

thanks,

2 Replies 2

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

According to this link, the LicSubscribersMax is for VM users and LicUMSubscribersMax is for UM users.

*** Comparison of Licensed Features for Cisco Unity Version 5.x and Version 4.x ***

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/white/paper/culicenses.html

So if you added 600 UM users it should be fine. You can also check the licensing info using the Unity Tools Depot--> Reporting Tools--> Gather Unity System Info.

HTH!

Regards,

Teresa.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks Teresa, I did get the license information from the GUSI, and from our VM unity server,we have 600 user licenses, believe that will be the VM users for sure:

Licensing Information:

LicSubscribersMax=600

we are migrating this one to our UM unity system, got the 600 UM license from Cisco and upgraded on our UM Unity server(have 150 UM users already), so got the following license information from UM Unity GUSI:

Licensing Information:

LicSubscribersMax=150

LicUMSubscribersMax=750

The LicUMSubscribersMax=750 number for sure will be UM users license, but suspected the LicSubscribersMax=150 will be the total numbers 750 as well, but here is only 150. or maybe our previos 150 users license on UM unity can use as both VM and UM? (LicSubscribersMax=150, LicUMSubscribersMax=150)

For reference the comments from Jeff Lindborg in another thread:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&topicID=.ee835d2&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddd5dec

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: