cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA wants to delete Firewalls setup via the CLI?

mcastrigno
Level 1
Level 1

I modifed an access list in the CLI since I cannot see how to do this in CCA.

When I go to open the Firewall tool in CCA it wants to delete "unrecognized firewall" and will not let me access the tool but all I did was add to an access list.

What makes matters worse is now my email access is not working. - but I cannot modify the firewall.

Is this expected operation - that if you use the CLI to modify access lists you cannot use CCA?

5 Replies 5

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You can make changes to ACL's, but you must do so in a way that CCA will recognize.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version1_9/out_of_band_reference/cca_oob_config_guidelines.pdf

This document explains how to make changes via the CLI that CCA will recognize.

Thanks

Steven

Thanks stevens2,

It looks like CCA has deleted all the pre-configured access lists.

Is there an easy way to retrive them - ie a script somewhere?

Thanks

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have found that when I adjusted my ACLs for Multisite (via CLI) I saw the same behavior.  I immediately raised it as a request to be implemented in a subsequent release.  I think I may have also noticed this when I built a remote teleworker, not sure...have to check.

If you do click on that 'delete unrecognized FW', it will restore everything back to its initial configuration (i.e. without your CLI), in which case you have have to enter it back in again.

Even if you follow the OOB configuration guide, the CCA will not interpret the changes for ACLs applied to FE0/0, just FYI

Thanks Steve.

What strategy do suggest to with regard to my FE0/0 so that CCA and CLI and co-exist?

Should I not open certain dialog boxes that show this interface or?

You can adjust the FE0/0 ACLs with CLI.  CCA will say its doesnt understand it.  Just dont click 'delete unknown FW' and it will be OK.   Thats what I do for multisite.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: