Views
Helpful
Replies

Streaming Video over a multilink

enyman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I currently have a small lan network connected to Cisco 2610. The 2610 has 4 T1's multilinked together connecting to another 2610. I am streaming a 1.2Mbps UPD stream across the multilink. I have setup policy maps with bandwidth percentages garunteeing the 1.2Mbps stream; however, when someone FTP's something across the multilink, its still causing hits in the video. The policy maps are working but for some reason I'm still taking video hits when someone tries to FTP something across the same multilink.

Anyone have any ideas? Do the policy maps work differently with UDP traffic? Are there any additional commands I should place on policy map to protect the stream?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

This shouldnt happen if you have a class-map matching ur Traffic with rate limiting applied.

Verify ur confg, the FTP shouldnt affect that unless u missed some config.

HTH

Mohamed

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Could you post your current policy and class maps, and policy stats? Also IOS version?

Thanks for all the help....I think I actually found my problem on the ethernet interface. The 2610's default to half-duplex which was causing collisions. I've corrected and hard-coded to full duplex and so far so good.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card