cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco's IronPort (Email spam + Security)

Question,

I have a barracuda spam firewall, and i am thinking of upgrading to the Ironport by Cisco. Is it easy to install? Can someone give me some feedback?

Thank you!!!

6 Replies 6

aholdan
Level 1
Level 1

What barracuda firewall do you have and which Cisco box are you considering?

jhogue
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there!

In general, it is relatively easy replace one email security appliance with another as it only requires some space in the rack and a change in mail exchange records. I don't know which IronPort by Cisco appliance you're considering, but if it's the Cisco Spam & Virus Blocker, it is VERY easy to install. In fact, the installation is completely guided by a four step installation wizard. Our customer have found that in most cases the full installation takes less than 30 minutes.

Hope that helps!

Jonathan

kamikatze
Level 1
Level 1

It's an absolute joy to work with. You can deploy in 20 minutes or so and forget about it. Knows LDAP, can sign DKIM/Domain Keys. Feel free to contact me if you want more info based on my 2 month experience with the C150.

Cheers,

Adrian.

What is your email address and I will put you in my contact lists. I appreciate your input on this..

Dustin

Sorry i've just noticed guerrilamail is broken. Write me at adrian ^at^ snobu $dot$ org

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: