Then restart TFTP and phone...

But still the background is not coming

Voice experts please comment...

25 Replies 25

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

make sure the images are the right size:

Full size image-320 pixels (width) X 212 pixels (height).

Thumbnail image-80 pixels (width) X 53 pixels (height).

and you're looking at the right TFTP

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

I have done the same, uploaded the List.xml and image files into Desktops/320x212x16 directory, phone logs say file not found when trying to download List.xml

Phones are 7945 and 7965, CUCM is 7.0.2

confirm the files have been uploaded to the TFTP the phone is looking at, restart TFTP service

HTH

java

HTH

java

Not sure if the problem still exists, but I've been fighting this and just found the issue.

If you cut and paste the List.xml file from the cisco doc, the double quote characters that encapsulate the file name are NOT the correct quote characters. If you get on the dos command line and use the "type list.xml" command, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. The phone can't parse the file correctly, so it fails.

This is a documentation bug, and it's really tough to find. You'll see the error if you web into the phone and look at the console logs for the FS/cache. Do a search to find the List.xml file, and then look at about the next 20 lines and you'll see the error.

Can you post the correct List.xml file? I've been having the same issue. Thanks.

This is a correctly done List.xml (that works):

FTP:Desktops/320x196x4/TN-Logo.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x196x4/Logoo.png"/>

FTP:Desktops/320x196x4/TN-BWLogo.PNG"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x196x4/BWLogo.PNG"/>

A couple more items you may find useful:

1. Turn on the TFTP debug trace on the TFTP server. Use the RTMT to see what the phone is actually requesting.

2. A not widely discussed, but very helpful thing to do, is to use the fs logs on the phone web interface to see what the phone is attempting to do.

3. Any time you upload a change to the list.xml, or the image files, you MUST restart the tftp service on the CCM before it will work!!!

Hi Friend,

Thanks for your posting..I have a small query:

1. What does it mean "TFTP:Desktops/320x196x4/TN-Logo.png"..---I think TN-Logo is the name of the logo & "320x196x4" is the logo size...But do we need an L3 dimension image for that & how to do it into such a format without using any specific tool??

2. In CCM TFTP File Management option,can we simple upload the Logo using a "/"....

Plz suggest...

Your phones are hard coded in firmware to look for the List.XML file in a certain place. The 7962/7942 phones will look for Desktops/320x196x4/List.xml If you put that file in the root, it will not be able to find it. Color phones have a different resolution. I believe (but I'm pulling this out of my head, so it may be off) the look at Desktops/320x212x16 as their root directory.

TN-Logo is the thumbnail sized image of the desktop. It's just a naming convention. It just has to be 25% of the main image size. You can edit these images in Microsoft paint quite easily.

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

I am getting confused..Plz help..

R u saying i need to create a folder in the desktop named "320x196x4" & under that i need to put the xml page "List.xml"??

The size 320x212x16..how to achieve such size using mspaint!!

I think these r appearing to silly questions but plz guide me..

Under the TFTP root your structure will look like this:

/

Desktop

320x196x4

The List.xml goes into the 320x196x4 folder (assuming here you're using 7962 or 7942 phones...it would be different with other types).

In MS Paint, set Image ==> Attributes to 320 pixels wide by 196 pixels high. Set the Colors radio button to B&W.

For the color phones, you'd need a folder set that looks like this:

/

Desktop

320x212x16

List.xml for the 7965 phones would use this, and would go into this folder structure. For the images for the 7965, you'd set the attributes to 320 pixels wide by 212 pixels high. Use the Colors radio button.

That's about all there is to it.

Thanks a lot...

This TFTP root is my CCM...am i correct??

The TFTP root is the root directory defined for the TFTP server you have your devices pointed at. When you load files into the TFTP repository on the server, you'll just load them and define the path in the process to create the subdirectories.

Please reference: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/7_1_2/cucos/iptpch7.html#wpmkr1180483

Great post, I followed your background images and I can not get it to work for IPC.

I have my TN file and my other file in the List.xml file. Uploaded into /Desktops/320x196x4

And also into

/Desktops/320x210x16

Restarted TFTP and no luck.

Image problems?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: