Views
Helpful
Replies

transmit power control change fails

krauskopf.p
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

as the technote "Radio Ressource Management under UWN" (<A HREF="javascript:newWin('http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a008072c759.shtml')">http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a008072c759.shtml</A>) stated I tried to lower the power control threshold from currently -65dBm to -70dBm. When I entered "config advanced 802.11a tx-power-control-thresh 70" into the CLI I only get the response "Unable to set tx power control threshold."

I am using firmware 5.2.157. Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

It should already be set to neg 70 for 5.2.157 code. You can't chane to what is already set.

We have the controllers since 3.2 and thats why the power setting is still at -65.

(Cisco Controller) >show advanced 802.11b txpower

Automatic Transmit Power Assignment

Transmit Power Assignment Mode................. AUTO

Transmit Power Update Interval................. 600 seconds

Transmit Power Threshold....................... -65 dBm

Transmit Power Neighbor Count.................. 3 APs

Transmit Power Update Contribution............. SNI.

Transmit Power Assignment Leader............... 00:18:73:36:68:c0

Last Run....................................... 519 seconds ago

Before one asks: yes, I did the intermediate updates as Cisco instructed in the release notes. I did not jump from 3.2 to 5.2 directly. ;-) And the release notes do not indicate that the change will be done automaticall during a firmware upgrade.

Did you notice the sentax in your two posts? You attempted to set the RRM for 802.11a. You wanted to change it for 802.11b. Have you tried the same command for 802.11b radios?

Yes. The behaviour is the same. I get "Unable to set tx power control threshold." when trying to change a or b and the output shows -65 on a and b/g too. It was only a coincidence that one example was 802.11a and the other 802.11b.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card