Views
Helpful
Replies

Implementint VIOP over IPV6.

mailtodkreddy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am looking for an info on the IP Phone models which support IPV6 addressing and the firmware needed. Your

help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

7 Replies 7

Hi Kumar,

Phone loads for the 7941/61/42/62.. and on support IPv6 in version 8.4.1 and later.

Hope this is what you're looking for.

-nick

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your help. I had a query regarding VOIP implementation over IPv6. While collecting the information I came to know that C2801 router with

c2801-ipvoice-mz.124-22.T image is capable of supporting VOIP over IPv6. I have few doubts here, it would be much appreciated if you can help me in the same.

1) I got a document on SIP implementation using CME,as far as I know CME does not support IPv6. What is your suggestion on this

2) I got another document which supports IPv6 implementation using SIP on C2801 router with 12(4)22T image, but I cannot see much help with that document. As I am unable to implement SIP alone on the router.

Further help on these doubts will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dilip

A personal curiosity, can you explain what is the practical reason for you to want IPv6 ?

Hi Nick,

We'd also to start using IPv6 on our Cisco phones. We use the 7945/65/75 phones - do these support IPv6? I see IPv6 Configuration in Network Configuration, but it's greyed out. We're using version firmware 8.4.3

As of now, IPv6 support is on the phones, but not in any of the CUCM 5/6/7 versions.

You will need to run CCM 4.3 on windows 2003 server to have this enabled.

Otherwise, this will be available in CUCM 7.1.1, which is slated to be available in a few months.

This is probably why it is greyed out.

hth,

nick

Thanks Nick. That's very helpful, and it's good to know the phones do Ipv6.

Actually we don't use the phones on CUCM/CCM.

Therefore I imagine we just need the xml tag in sef.cfg.xml that enables IPv6 on the phone. Do you know/is there anywhere we can look up the name of this xml tag to enable IPv6?

1) Cisco IP Phones with dual stack  support:
• Third generation Cisco IP Phones running SCCP only :
Cisco  7906G, Cisco 7911G, Cisco 7931G, Cisco 7941G, Cisco 7941GE
Cisco  7942G, Cisco 7945G, Cisco 7961G, Cisco 7961GE, Cisco 7962G
Cisco  7965G, Cisco 7970G, Cisco 7971G-GE, Cisco 7975G

2) Dual Stack SIP trunk

Please  refer to IPv6 and UC - take a look at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns742/ns818/landing_ipv6.html

3) Please  follow the solutions componets (IP phones, GW etc)  as per the above  document.

Regards,

Jay