Event Source: Cisco CallManager

Event Category: None

Event ID: 3

Date: 2/11/2009

Time: 8:10:44 AM

User: N/A

Computer: call manager

Description:

Error: DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection attempt.

Connecting Port: 2000

Device name [Optional].: SEPFFFFC0D18A25

Device IP address.: x.x.x.x

Device type. [Optional]: 5

Reason Code [Optional].: 1

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: StandAloneCluster

Node ID: x.xxx.x.xx

Explanation: A connection was established and immediately dropped before completing registration. Incomplete registration may indicate a device is rehoming in the middle of registration. The alarm could also indicate a device misconfiguration, database error, or an illegal/unknown device trying to attempt a connection.

Recommended Action: No action is required if this event was issued as a result of a normal device rehome..

i cannot find this device in callmanager and our cpu is going crazy. i've rebooted callmanager, and it continues to show this error every minute. trace files show the same error of course. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

a device is configured to look for that CUCM, even if not configured in CCMAdmin.

look the device on your network and change the config to stop looking into that server

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Brett,

Look for SEPFFFFC0D18A25 as Port # 25 on a VG248. If you find it, just configure a dummy DN on it and you should be good to go.

Just a guess,

Rob

Thank you for the reply Rob. I'm not really familiar w/a VG248, (Virtual Gateway -248??)Do I need to configure a VG248 in CCM first since I do not show a VG248 gateway? Start by adding a new Device w/this MAC address basically? Sorry, but I have not done this before and want to make sure CallManager does not go down before I make any changes.

Hi Brett,

Sorry man, I was just taking a shot here. This type of Transient Connection attempt is often from unregistered ports on a VG248, but if you don't have a VG248 already this can't be the source of this error.

You are going to need to find this device somehow. Can you try searching from Device>Phone>Device Name>begins with> SEPFFF and see what comes up?

Rob

No problem Rob. I really appreciate your time. I have tried searching for this device by "Begins with SEPFFF" and "Ends with A25".

We have two remote locations as well (San Fran, and Chicago) and I'm having people there physically walk around looking for a phone that

might be trying to register. Hopefully we will find it there. I will update as to what happens.

ciao

Hey Brett,

This could be a Gateway, ATA, etc. etc as well. So check for them as well.

Rob

I've seen this error relative to the unconfigured port of the 2 port ATA

Thanks for the reply. We do not have an ATA (at any of our locations) so is there something specific I can run to check the Gateway?

unfortunately no, if you get an IP on the error and start looking for the device with that IP.

maybe a sniffer trace could give you the info if there's no IP on the error message

there is really no easy way to do this other than look for the device in your network

look for any unregistered phones that keep trying but never register

you can enable auto-registration to find out the exact device that keeps trying

HTH

java

HTH

java

RESOLVED:

It was a Syn-Apps Virtual Phone issue. I restarted the Syn-Apps services and problem solved. Still could not find the MAC address, but will continue looking. Just happy the CPU usage is back to the norm.

Thank you all again for the help.

ciao

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: