Silent Monitoring with IPCC Enterprise 7.2.4

Unanswered Question
Feb 11th, 2009

Hello All,

I have a basic question to start with.

We are using IPCC 7.2.4 and CVP 4.0.1 and we have integration with Oracle CRM. Agents are using Oracle Softphone instead of CAD. However Supervisors using Cisco Supervisor Desktop. Since silent monitoring is not working, I was reading few docs which says that for silent monitoring will work only if agents are using CAD.

Just want to cross check with the experts. Is it true that for silent monitoring to work we need to have CAD and it will not work with Oracle Agent application.

Any response would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Daljeet

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
baumannsw Wed, 02/11/2009 - 10:37

CTIOS requires a packet capture application for silent monitoring. This is installed when you load CTIOS Toolkit client. I have not had much luck with Silently monitoring from one Client type to another. You may have alternative option though, depending on which CallManager Version you are running, you can enable CallManager Silent monitoring on the CTIOS server. CCM Silent Monitoring works a little differently. Silent Monitoring takes place on the Supervisor's phone, instead of their PC speakers. Look through the CTIOS documentation for CallManager requirements... - Oh and if you decide to go with this method, make sure the agents phones are configured with a 'Monitoring CSS'

Hope this helps...

cvenour Wed, 02/11/2009 - 22:35

>Is it true that for silent monitoring to work we need to have CAD and it will not work with Oracle Agent application.

Only if you want to use CAD Desktop Monitoring, where the CAD desktop intercepts the voice traffic and rebroadcasts to the supervisor.

Depending on your Call Manager version, you may be able to make use of the Built In Bridge functionality or SPAN ports, and use a silent monitoring server instead.

Having said that, not 100% sure this will work, as it may require CTI information being sent by the CAD desktops.

C.

daljeetsingh1_2 Wed, 02/11/2009 - 23:31

Thanks everyone for the valuable inputs.

We have CCM 4.1.3(sr3) its not the latest release because Oracle CRM till now doesnt support latest CCM.

After looking at the answers i understand that Silent Monitoring option wont work with Oracle Agent Application.

Today i am planning to install CAD and than will try with it to do silent monitoring.

Will see if this works.

Actions

This Discussion