cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Siemens HiPath h323 trunking with CUCM

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

Has anyone integrated a Siemens HiPath PBX via H323 to CUCM? If so, what issues did you have? I know that I can do the integration with QSig & standard PRI's, but would like to utilize the IP Trunking features if possible.

6 Replies 6

francoistk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kelvin

We have implemented an IP trunk between a Siemens and a CUCM. We had the following issues:

- The Siemens did not want to establish calls unless we used G711.

- The Names and additional information that can be exchange between the PABX so the caller name can be seen is not working.

- When calls are made from the PABX to Cisco IP phones and transfered the voice sometimes becomes garbled.

Other than these we did not have any other issues.

sameh.hasan
Level 1
Level 1

hi KELVIN

WOULD U PLEASE TELL ME THE PART NO OF PRI interface for cisco router ( is it HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI) please confirm .

Thx

Sameh Hasan

Hi Sameh,

The module you are referring supports Data PRI only. It does not supports Voice.

You need to have VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 (1 port) or VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 (2 port) module for this kind of integration.

-> Sushil

Thank u about ur support

I don't remember the exact modle and version of the Siemens PBX but I remember I did a Semines-CUCM integration few years ago. I used an H.323 trunk btw PBX and CUCM.

First of all, you need to make sure if the PBX supports H.323 trunk. Each call from PBX to CUCM requires two H.323 trunks, so make sure you have enough H.323 trunks available. You need to make sure the PBX has at least one Media Processor card installed. This card will take care of codec conversion. Also make sure to select "a" as the vlue for codeset in the PBX tunk-group configuration page. CUCM only understands "a" codeset. The codeset will take care of user Name/Number transmission.

MK

hi all

please i need your help in my case , my customer has a PBX ( simenz) and he want to make voice mail .i thing in router 2811 with NM ( CUE) , so my question does this router with CUE module will integrate with Siemens PBX .

i found in cisco site that is will be ok , but i should have a pri trunk then i chhosed the interface VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1

to act as pri trunk between cme and PBX .

is this solution right or .... ???

please anyone confirm .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: