Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi-Server environement

delahais
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

One of my client would want to install LMS 3.1 on Windows clusters servers ; he tells me that it is possible first to create cluster via a windows clustering then to install LMS on this Cluster.

On my side, I explain to my customer that is not possible to install LMS on a Windonws Cluster server but we can use 1 master DCR and some slave DCR on different "standalone" Windows servers in order to create a multi-server envirenment, like a kind of cluster.

who is right ?

Is-it possible to install LMS on Windows cluser servers ?

Many thx in advance.

Nicolas

4 Replies 4

Sven Hruza
Level 4
Level 4

I think you are right with the "standalone" servers and one DCR master and some slaves.

In the "system requirements" I can't find anything about cluster installation.

Thx for your reply. I do think your are right.

When you want to add a device : do you know what does it means to select "cluster managed" in the field "management type" ; by default the value is standard ?

I think "cluster managed" means that your switches are in a cluster configured.

So one device is the cluster master and the other switches in the location are cluster members. It is important for campus manager because CM only speaks with cluster masters and the master informs CM about inventory of the members.

Because of that it is possible that you have 100 device in DCR but only 90 in CM for example.

Many thank for your feedback.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco