cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.2 High Virtual Memory Tomcat

llozanos81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have a client wich is having problems with the Virtual Memory in the Publisher Server, it start al 30% and grow at 70% in just 2 weeks, after this the services like MoH and some transfers start to FAIL,the RTMT start showing up a Alarm about Tomcat is using too much RAM, the workaround is to start the publisher but this is not an acceptable response to my client.

The CUCM version is 6.1(2)-1000-13

They have 2 more Subscribers but the Virtual Memory is at good levels

8 Replies 8

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

RTMT will show this memory usage based on physical memory and not virtual memory.

Verify that the system is not showing any memory leak.

-Check that the committed memory usage does not greatly exceed the amount of physical memory in the system.

-In most cases, the Total Commit Charge as shown by Task Manager will be only slightly higher than the Physical Memory Total shown.

Hi, thanks for your answer, do you have any commands i can execute at CLI?

Regards

hi,

how can I verify this using CLI ???

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same situation - but after upgrade to 6.1.3 everything was changed in good turn

Sounds a good solution but then you cant upgrade to UCUM 7 :S

But why not 6.1.3 ?

You CANT upgrade to 7 from 6.1.3 just from 6.1.2 and i dont know if the client want to upgrade in a close or distant future :S

Hi,

Upgrade path from 6.1.3 is supported only for CUCM 7.1

FCS somewhere between End of May (as stated in compatibility matrix) and July.

Hope this helps.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.1(2)

Release Date May 29 2009

Standard Support

Direct upgrade:

7.0(1)SU1a, 7.0(1)SU1, 7.0(1), 6.1(3b)SU1, 6.1(3b), 6.1(3a), 6.1(3), 6.1(2)SU1a, 6.1(2)SU1, 6.1(2), 5.1(3f), 5.1(3e), 5.1(3d), 5.1(3c), 5.1(3b), 5.1(3a), 5.1(3)

Direct upgrade using DMA:

4.3(2), 4.3(1), 4.2(3), 4.1(3)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp135625

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: