Helpful
Replies

Syslog Reports - Resource Manager Essentials 4.1.1

tim.davies
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

When running a 24hr syslog report for an ASA5520 I get the following message -

"Warning SLCA0131: There are more than 10000 records generated for this date range.

Only 10000 records are being displayed, starting with the records generated on the end date.

To view the complete report, schedule a job that does not have Immediate as the Run Type"

After getting the warning I then schedule the report to run at a certain time. The report job seems to run ok but when checking the results I get the follwoing error message -

"SLCA0155: You cannot view the report

since the corresponding archive is already deleted or not available."

Any ideas?

12 Replies 12

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you see the report listed under RME > Reports > Report Archives?

PIX 515

an outside client has source NAT(outside)0 x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

and the destination translated with a static

statice (inside, outside) x.x.x.x y.y.y.y

this client initiates atcp session and if the client serveris rebooted or the client looses connectivity for some reason, the translation is not ended. I need to enterthe command clear xlate for that translation. If I PAT'ed toasingle address I could expect multiple sessions but actually I wondered how to put a time out on the translation

You need to start a new thread in Security > Firewalling forum for this issue.

Thanks for the response.

There is no report shown under RME > Reports > Report Archives

Please post the cri.log and the job log (found under NMSROOT\files\rme\jobs\syslog on Windows and /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/jobs/syslog on Solaris).

Thanks.

This is what I thought. Edit NMSROOT/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/inventory/reports/datagenerators/IRConfig.properties, and change MAX_HEAP_SIZE to 1024. Reschedule your job, and see if it works.

Sorry I can't seem to find the file to edit. I'm running LMS 3.0

My fault, some of the directories got truncated:

NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/inventory/reports/datagenerators/IRConfig.properties

Thanks for the quick response.

I have tried changing the MAX-HEAP_SIZE to 1024 unfortunatly it hasn't solved the problem.

Please post the new cri.log.

[Edit]

Nevermind, I checked, and the syslog reporting jobs are not using the dynamic memory config. They are hardcoded to 256 MB as a maximum. Go ahead, and open a TAC service request. I can provide a patch for this.

Ok, thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: