Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity messages

cg100668
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

One of our customer is having problem when listening to voice messages from Unity 4.2. As soon as she logs into her mailbox, she gets the messages: "Your messages are not available now. To send a message 2, you have no old messages..." Is there any way to eliminate "Your messages are not available now".

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Chandrasen

5 Replies 5

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Chandrasen,

You may want to determine if this is happening with just her account. I would check the event logs on Unity to see if connectivity to the mail store hasn't gone down for everyone. Once you determine the scope of things, we can troubleshoot from that point on.

Brad

Hi Brad,

It is happening for only a single user and not for others. I checked the event viewer and didn't really see any error message related to this mailbox user. Any other idea where should I look?

Thanks

Chandrasen

Is the mail store Exchange or Domino? Is this Unified or Voice Mail Only? If its Exchange, I've seen situations where cached mailbox pointers become corrupted or stale and can be fixed by logging into the user's mailbox using Outlook Web Access.

In a Unified scenario, the user would need to provide you with their password, or have them login to OWA from their machine. If it's Voice Mail Only, then you can simply change the password in AD for this user since they're unaware of this account to begin with - and just login yourself and have them re-test access.

Brad

Hello,

In fact the customer has got Exchange. As you mentioned previously, the link from the Unity to Exchange might have been broken and indeed the link to the Exchange was broken. I re-started the Unity services but the problem was same. I restarted the Unity server and the problem was solved.

By the way the customer gave me the wrong information. All the extensions were affected and not only one.

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards,

Chandrasen

Chandrasen,

I should also have mentioned, a reboot of Unity will refresh the mailbox pointers as well.

Glad its resolved,

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: