Replies

VG248 Disconnect Supervision

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Folks,

I have two issues with my VG-248.

First issue:

I make a call through the VG and the called party hears the ring and answers. Everything works fine, except when the called party hangs up before me, I start hearing a fastbusy tone. As soon as I hang up the port gets cleared and everything is back to normal. What I am expecting is when the called party hangs up the call should get cleared in both ends. this is not what is happening in my case. Is this an issue with the Disconnect supervision methode? It is set to "none" but even if I change it to the two other options, it does the same.

Second issue:

It looks like the line breaks up only when we are in a conference call.

Could someone please help me out with these two issues? The VG prot config is attached.

Thanks,

Software version : 1.3(1)

DSP firmware version : 3.6(25C)

Loader version : 1.0(1)

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, this behavoir is correct. If you try that on PSTN, you should observe the same. The fast busy tone tells you the conversation ended normally, if you were just disconnected, you could suspect a malfunction in the system.

The exception is that in certain countries, only the calling party can end the conversation.

Thanks Paolo,

Is this the behavior of an analog line? It's not ture when I use digits lines such as IP Phones? I use my IP phone to call through PSTN, as soon as the other end hangs up, the call gets disconnected in both ends. This is also true when I use my cell phone to call through the PSTN. I don't hear any fasybusy at all.

Any idea regarding the break ups while in conference call?

Thanks,

Yes, it's the analog line behavoir. I understand not all systems do behave like that, it's sort of gray area if you want.

Cannot help with conferencing,sorry,

Anybody with any idea regarding the break ups with the conference calls?

Thanks,

Why don't you open a new thread? There is no detail about conferencing in this one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: