cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog Trunks Working Inbound, Not Working Outbound

wrickk_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have six GS analog trunks connected to 2 4FXO cards in a 3825. The inbound calls work fine, anything outbound cycles through all 6 circuits and eventually I get a fast busy. I set them up the way I've set them up on every other install I've ever done. If I attach a butt set to the pair on the block and ground the negative I get tone.

15 Replies 15

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

please run a "debug vpm signal" on the router and post the output here.. This will help..

I ran it, dialed the route pattern, watched the call cycle through the gateway and there were absolutely no debug results.

Did you do a "term mon" on the gateway? If so, and see it cycling through the lines, how are you seeing it?

If you are on the gateway and watching it as calls being placed and nothing is be reported back even you after enabling ter mon, the call is never getting to the ports. This is a dialpeer issue or Call Manager issue depending on your setup.

Ran term mon and nothing.

The ports are all MGCP and registered with call manager. I see it cycle through the FXO ports, at least the light on every port in the route group goes on.

How do you have Call manager setup? Ports as Loop Start or GroundStart. Can you post your Gateway configuration minus IP address and passwords?

Config attached

FYI, not sure if the two are related but if I try and dial out the t1 0/3/1 the call just disappears. Phone dials, and nothing, just hangs up. No error message, no busy, nothing. Have had a TAC case open on that for 3 days and they don't know why its doing that.

How do you have Call manager setup? Ports as Loop Start or GroundStart. Can you post your Gateway configuration minus IP address and passwords?

They are ground start, I posted the config as an attachment. in my previous post. it's too long to fit in a message.

I have seen this problem before in a similar situation. Inbound calls would work but outbound calls would fail, but also would see message scrolling when debug vpm signaling was enabled. The problem in case was a telco issue. The telco actually had the lines configured for loopstart. This coupled with a wiring problem allowed for the calls to coming fine, but not outbound. Getting Telco to set up there side correctly and fixing the wiring issue solved the problem.

I wanted to see the output of the VPM signal to know for sure. I would check the telco and cabling.. The BUTT SET in this case would always work..

I verified with the telco and they are all setup Groundstart. I have them setup groundstart. Tried reversing the pairs. Nothing, no outbond. I've set them up this way 200 times, no idea why this is not working. Could there be some reason the trunk is not getting the ground from the router?

Is the router grounded? This is an essential step to GS.

-nick

I have it grounded, is there a way to test if the ground is good?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: