Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward Info lost when changing partitions

Chuck Reid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am changing remote locations on a CM 6.1.2 cluster to sue a new cluster-wide partition for all DN's.

When i use the bulk edit tool and change the partitions, all call forward info is lost, which is a problem. What is the easiest way to make these changes and retain call forward info?

Thanks,

Chuck

4 Replies 4

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I also recenly changed from using different partitions to a single cluster wide one- same as you? What issue do you see with the call forward- can you explain more. We cut across 600+ users

When you forward a phone, then change its partition, the call forward setting goes away.

What are the steps you carry out when changing the Partitons of the DN. With 6.x we dsicovered if you do it via the Call Routing> Directory number and not via the DEVICE >PHONE OPTION it keeps all the configuration.

Hi, I'm not sure I am following you.

I am changing the partition like this:

1)bulk admin / phones / add-update-lines / update lines. Then route partition contains (as an example) buffalo_internal_pt. Click find, click next, then check route partition and select new clusterwide pt and run job.

Thanks,

Chuck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: